Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Le Parfum De Therese - Frederic Malle


My Love/Hate relationship w/Jasmine - Le Parfum De Therese

Ok, more often than not, if there's jasmine, I don't like it. Maybe it's the combination of tuberose that brings out the worst in jasmine. Maybe it's certain fruits. I've yet to pin it down exactly. But I will.

On the other hand jasmine done right, can be a wonderful thing. Yes, jasmine in moderation is quite lovely. Jasmine and violets; are fatally addicting. Case in point; Frederic Malle's Le Parfum De Therese. Deep and lusciously delicious are the top notes of Mandarin, Melon, Jasmine & Pepper, sweetened by the middle note of violet that rises up immediately on me.

Ahhh, I'm so smitten with violets lately, violets sprinkled on Muscs Koublai Khan might even make that wearable.The other notes include Rose, Plum, Nutmeg, on a base of Cedar, Vétyver & Leather. Those who know me will find this a surprise; wood & leather?? Yes, it's there but soft in the background and not enough to detract me from this wonderful fragrance.

No comments: